Sunday, May 31, 2015

Some days are like that

We got a late start today because I was enjoying my visit with Karen and Cassie needs to sleep in sometimes.  A late start turned into a long day of driving.  Not my favorite (though cruise control is my new best friend).  

I do not like driving in the dark. Especially in unfamiliar places.  So we are driving in the near dark, destination Nags Head, and we see a little bear crossing the road, and then a turtle.  Kinda awesome.

We arrive at our destination in the dark, and our balcony room overlooking the ocean with a nearly full moon makes those long hours of driving all worthwhile.

Tomorrow is a beach day.

2 comments:

Rachael Papes said...

I made it! With time to spare! I hope your dolphin adventure is amazing! Its 11:00 pm here now, so you should be awake soon to catch the morning dolphin adventure. I promise to keep up better!

CMC [ wingedmigrationcmc@gmail.com ] All photographs and text, unless otherwise noted, copyright (c) 2010 C.M. Carroll said...

i LOVE this photograph!!!!!!!!!