Monday, November 30, 2009

Mental Pause

I know I need to post about Thanksgiving, but even thinking about how to put the experience into words makes me cry all over again. I am so very grateful for my family!

Here's what I found at my dining room table on Wednesday night. Eating McDonald's food! Now, if I had known they were coming, I could have made Welcome Home Stew. Way better than McDonald's.


I now have a complete set of totem pole pictures. Why this totem pole? I don't know. Mom chose it.

This is most of the food we had on Thanksgiving. The potatoes were still in the oven and the pumpkin cheesecake was still in the fridge (both dishes were from my boss, who was in on the secret). It was all good.


And then Cassie and I left on the early flight on Saturday for a day trip to Juneau, leaving my siblings alone (sort of -- Arnold was still home) in my house for a couple of hours. One of you needs to write up the whole story about the rabbit. The rest of the photos are posted on my facebook page (except for the one where the bunny has his head in the oven because you can see how dirty my oven is). The bad bunny raised a lot of questions. In particular "How old are your siblings?" Mmm hmm.

I love you people!

3 comments:

mikestribe said...

Don't you know the age thing is why your brother has been in boyscouts for 20 years? Every time he has a job he reverts to that age. One time he was cubmaster for a year. That year I just knew he had reverted to 8 or 9. Now his job involves 12-18 year olds. Most of the time I think he is only 12 or maybe 13. It does make him a lot of fun and he keeps me young. Glad you had a good time. Love you.

Diamond G said...

I'm sure Lori will post her bunny story. Just as soon as she has finished the Gfource minutes, in triplicate.

airan

Rachael Papes said...

I was so excited for them to get there. You have no idea. I kept pestering my mom, did you here anything? How surprised was she? What did her face look like?
Then at the moment that we thought they would have arrived, I was in the car with Kathy, and we looked at each other, and said, "They are there NOW!!!" and we peed a little. (just kidding about the pee...)

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that one.