Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day

You should really come visit me RIGHT NOW, because I had the day off and my house is clean.  Cassie had school so I was up at the usual time, and home alone.  And I know that it looks clean because when Cassie got home from school she NOTICED that I had been cleaning.  So, WHOOT!

I think I used my three-day weekend pretty wisely.  Filed my taxes (the return is noticeably smaller without Arnold as a tax deduction), baked zillions of muffins, and visited with friends.  It was nice.  Wish we had more three-day weekends.

Lent begins on Wednesday.  I'm giving up facebook and Pinterest (just until Easter, of course).  Hoping I'll find worthwhile things to fill up all the extra time!

2 comments:

Rachael Papes said...

I'm trying to spend more time on my pintrest! I hope you give me some pointers before you abandon the boards!

Why so many muffins?

Brenda said...

I make muffins every Sunday for the adult class at church. I usually end up with extras and have been putting them in the freezer. When Cassie was trying to put away groceries yesterday she was pretty annoyed at how many muffins were in the freezer! Guess I should eat some of them.