Sunday, January 16, 2011

it's snow wonder

The problem with me and snow is that I can stand and look at individual snowflakes as they land on my coat and gloves and ignore everything else around me for as long as it keeps coming down. Trying to capture them for longer examination is nearly impossible as they melt so quickly, and my camera doesn't have a great macro setting.

But Cassie's has a better macro setting! And today when we were on our way out to take pictures of yet another breathtaking sunset, I noticed that some of those gorgeous snowflakes were, in fact, visible on the deck railing. The fact that it was 17 degrees out kept them from melting, I guess. Here's what she captured (sorry, Cassie, but I stole your photo).


For those of you who aren't on facebook, here's that sunset I was talking about...


3 comments:

Mikieg said...

Bogles my brain that you can have that sunset with snow on the railing at the same time

Anonymous said...

Seriusly amazing! I think you take such beautiful pictures. Loved the Christmas card too!

Rachael Papes said...

Gorgeous! Just breathtaking.

bazzli- kinda like dazzli