Sunday, October 2, 2016

Single. Rider. Line.

You know I love Disneyland, right? So I used a couple of annual leave days and went for a few days at the end of September before my Annual Pass expired. The park wasn't too crowded, but it was very hot! After riding Radiator Springs Racers a couple of times (with a 3 minute wait in the single rider line), and riding Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, I stopped for a glass of wine and a cheese plate, then headed towards Soarin' Around the World.
Did I mention it was really hot? 
Soarin' no longer has their single rider line, so I got a fast pass and thought I'd go to Paradise Pier to ride Silly Symphony (thinking it would be cooler with the breeze up there). Stopped for a bottle of water and sat in the shade on the way there. By the time I go to the Swings, I felt like I was going to pass out. Made my way up the stairs, but ended up just sitting on the ground, slightly incoherant.  Oops.  Well, a Cast Member called for the nurse and I got to ride through the back lot to First Aid, where it was nice and cool and the water is free.

It's also nice and cool in the Disney Animation building. Drew Perry. What was really cute was that the trivia questions about Phineas and Ferb were all answered by guys in their mid-20s.  


Planned a little better for the next two days in the parks and went to see Queen of Katwe in Downtown Disney during the hottest part of the next day. Inspiring movie! And saw the Frozen show a couple of times, too!

While I was waiting for a table at Cafe Orleans, the fire alarm went off and the restaurant was evacuated. It was pretty awesome to see how efficient the staff was at clearing and then re-setting the entire restaurant. Some of those who were dining waited and returned, others left with a free meal!


It was worth the wait -- pommes frittes, Monte Cristo, and a mint julep. Brought the leftovers home and had it for lunch. 



No comments: