Sunday, November 20, 2011

flaky

it snowed all day yesterday. beautiful, fluffy flakes of snow that just kept coming. i shoveled the back stairs so i could get to the garage, and a few hours later the snow was 5.5" deep. we measured the snow on the railing a few times during the day, and by the time the snow stopped it measured 11.5" deep. beautiful, beautiful snow. and a great excuse to forget about the usual saturday errands.

i stayed home all day. spent a lot of time on the deck with a camera trying to capture the lovely little flakes. not as easy as it sounds! i'd find a perfect flake, and by the time the camera would focus, more flakes would fall on top of it, or it would begin to melt. here are a few of my favorites...








this one is on my glove...



and this is a view into my kitchen window. doesn't it look inviting?



these flakes are out of focus, forming the head of Mickey Mouse.


five days 'til disneyland!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness! I love your snow flakes!!!! And I would definitely want to come into the house. I still can't believe those are real.