Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Groundhog Day

We really did want to keep the family tradition of eating pancakes and sausage today, but I just didn't feel like it. I suggested biscuits and gravy, but Cassie turned up her nose. Then I suggested this:



Aunt Joyce's ham balls with orange sauce, and mom's butter dips. Nobody has EVER said "no" to butter dips.

So we're sticking to the tradition of eating ground hog (bonus -- ham balls contain both ground ham and ground pork!). It's delicious. I didn't bother with a green vegetable.

And while I'm cooking this holiday meal, Mikie calls with a fabulous surprise! You people are insane. I love you. Cassie and I are shopping for houses in Mesa right now.

3 comments:

mikestribe said...

More shopping?
well there are a lot of them available and they are getting cheaper

Rachael Papes said...

What kind of crazy news was it?!?! Why are you keeping me in suspense?

What are butter dips? I love food dipped in butter

Brenda said...

I can't believe you don't know what butter dips are! If you have the Gillespie Fun Times cookbook, the recipe is on page 75. You must go bake them NOW. Do not use margarine.

While they are baking (15 - 20 minutes, let them get nicely browned), go here and start from the oldest post: http://gfourcehogblog.blogspot.com/