Saturday, December 13, 2008

insight

was trying to get daddy to start a blog and this week learned that he DOES have a personal webpage. why not a traditional blog? he wants to have control. doesn't want to deal with comments. wants control of the page format. blah blah blah. my dad is controlling!

now i know where i get it from...

a few weeks ago at my girl scout troop meeting we were making thanksgiving centerpieces for the senior center and i had carefully selected the craft supplies so that all the colors would coordinate. as the girls were working one of them noticed that all the papers went together and i said "that's because i'm controlling." and the mom that was there helping started to chuckle. seems she had realized this long ago, but would never have said it out loud. the next day i asked my co-workers about it (did you know i'm controlling?) and my boss said "i've heard that about you."

!

i like to think that i'm controlling in a way that makes people feel secure and comfortable. i think it's working.

today has been a very frustrating day, mostly because it's too freaking cold here and the doors on my car freeze OPEN. this is frustrating to me because i can't control it. we just have to drive around holding the doors shut until the car warms up enough to close them.

and then i was trying to print my christmas cards and my printer keeps spitting out blue streaks across the pages. also frustrating because i can't control it -- even after cleaning the print heads FIVE TIMES. argh.

and those 20+ profile views, MisterG, are mostly me. i can stop now that i know where to look.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud picturing you driving around holding your car doors closed!! We were just discussing how funny it is that we are Christmas shopping in flipflops and short sleeves, I think it was colder last year. I have had my doors open today to let all the coolair in, 50 degrees:)

MisterG said...

I might be able to send you some bungee cords to help control your doors.
Oh. Oh, Oops, I'm posting on the wrong blog.

Brenda said...

We've actually tried bungee cords. There's no place on the door to clip them on where they'll actually stay. Thanks for the thought, though.

Anonymous said...

I would like to say sorry for the legs comment, and feel a little better because I know you were always skinny so all grown ups must just look abnormally large to little kids. Thats what I'll tell myself at least!