Saturday, August 20, 2016

Science

This Is Where You Belong: The Art and Science of Loving the Place You Live by [Warnick, Melody]During the road trip in June, a couple of people had recommended audio books. When I got home, I looked into Audible, and the first book I listened to with my free trial was This Is Where You Belong. Warnick suggests several ways to become "place attached" including getting out and DOING things in the area.

With that advice in mind, I started making an effort to find things to do. Initially, I was going alone, as I've embraced the solitude. But then a wonderful thing happened -- friends!

Posting my adventures on facebook led to finding friends who want to join me on my adventures, and it is every bit as good as going it alone.

Apparently, place attachment can take three to five years, so I have a while to work at this. In the meantime, Arizona has some interesting places to explore.

No comments: